Monday, October 6, 2008

Kids furniture

I was in IKEA yesterday buying 20 hooks for my hallway and saw the VIPPIG seesaw for the first time having seen it in the catalogue and magazines. I think it will become a classic - it looks like a huge smile, it's a beautiful toy or piece of furniture for $99 and my boys loved it. My guys are just a little big for it but I am very tempted . . .



Images: IKEA

The reason I really want the see saw is when I look back at the toys and furniture we have for our kids the most used and best loved have been made of wood. Our two Stokke Tripp Trapp chairs have 7 toddler years on the clock between them and are in use all day every day, and as were the wheely bug and IKEA 'moose' ( as we call it ).




Images: Stokke, IKEA

In Your Room www.inyourroom.com.au has a very desirable range of moulded plywood tables chairs and benches for kids. They also do adult sized furniture.

Images: In Your Room

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Fun pieces of furniture for the kids. Love the see saw, looks like a blast.

Jennifer Banks said...

Thank you for the post. I have been looking for kids furniture for my daughters newly renovated room. I will keep this in mind!