Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irisdesign

It is St. Patrick's day today and being Irish I thought I would share something from my home town to mark the occasion. Now, for most Irish people being Irish has very little to do with the global frenzy of green beer and diddly-i-music that takes hold in most major cities on St. Patricks day so I hope the lack of leprechaun hats and green type does not disappoint.

These 'altered book pages' as she calls them are by Iris O'Connor who is based in Dublin. She works in mixed media and saves and reworks old book pages. I think they are very original and would look great in a study or library or anywhere at all really. There is lots more of her work in her Etsy shop here.



Images: Irisdesign

1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy St. Patrick's day! Reminded me of my trip to Ireland many moon's ago. I love mixed media art. They are fun and interesting. going to check out more of the work now. Thank you for sharing.
Julie