Sunday, April 26, 2009

Favourite houses: Amsterdam apartment

This beautiful apartment owned by fashion and interior stylist Peter Shaffrey was featured in the latest edition of Image Interiors magazine. There are so many things I like about it I had to include most of the photos here. The space in itself is fabulous - high ceilings and huge windows. My list of things to love about this apartment - dramatic hallway, the living room, sleek kitchen, the gorgeous art deco bedroom furniture. I also don't mind a bit of laboratory / vintage industrial in interiors - hence the close up of the little retort stand beside the bed. There is lots more to see on Peter Shaffreys website. His home page has an Oscar Wilde quote on it that I have always enjoyed:

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best "







Images: Peter Shaffrey

1 comment:

The House That A-M Built said...

Love the ceilings and windows. A stunning apartment! A-M xx