Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ibizan style

I get a number of Irish publications mailed to me in Sydney which is a luxury I really enjoy. Even though I read a lot online the power of print still reigns and I love flicking through my Irish Times magazine (equivalent to the SMH Good Weekend) and Image Interiors.

This fabulous villa in Ibiza was featured on the cover of Image Interiors recently and deservedly so. It was designed by John Meagher of de Blacam and Meagher architects. It is minimal without being sterile, and not just a pretty face, really functional as a holiday house with separate guest quarters - along by the pool which are rented out and a master suite upstairs. List of favourite things - the colonnade, the lanterns in the colonnade and the ceilings which are based on traditional style in the area of exposed beams and terracotta tiles.





Photos: Peter Cook via www.worldarchitecturenews.com

No comments: