Friday, July 3, 2009

All about me

Lorna at Garrendenny Lane Interiors in Ireland has tagged me. So in a rare departure for Folder of Ideas here is some stuff about me.


The idea with this one is that I answer the questions, removing one I don't like and adding one of my own and then tag 8 other people. Therein lies the challenge as I am not a very bloggy blogger involved in link exchanges or giveaways or comment exchanges so I am not sure if those that I tag will respond - but we will see . . .

What is your current obsession? Organising my husband's 40th, assignments for my interior design diploma, the list goes on


Coffee or tea? Both. Coffee in the morning, Earl Grey tea in the afternoon

What’s for dinner? Chicken and pearl barley risotto

What would you eat for your last meal? Tough one as I love all sorts of food

What was the last thing you bought? A rare purchase of makeup for myself, a pile of boxes of Lego for birthday presents in the sales and some very dodgy bling at the two dollar shop for a party we are going to on Saturday night.

What are you listening to right now? Nick Jr

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? A recent purchase - my black DKNY boots - think Camper and biker boots combined


What is your favourite ice cream flavour? My husband's homemade Baileys and Violet Crumble icecream - its a sort of Irish-Australian fusion thing ( violet crumble is like a Crunchie bar)

What do you think of the person(s) who tagged you? I am in awe of all the different things Lorna has on the go in her life - her family, blog, businesses. I admire her taste - she stocks some of my favourite designers in her shop like Black+ Blum and she' been really supportive on my blog with lovely regular comments.


If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? I'd go for a ski with my husband in Switzerland

Which language do you want to learn? Mandarin

What is your favourite colour? Deep rich pinks

What is your dream job? One that I can work 4 hours a day 3 days a week in something related to interior styling and is amazingly lucrative !! Dream on !


What is your worst habit? Eating too much cheese

If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on? I'd save it up for the next time I want to order something from London

What book are you currently reading? Heath - A Family's Tale an unauthorised biography of Heath Ledger


Describe your personal style? classic


What are you going to do after this? Dress the kids, take one to school

What are your favourite movies? PG suits me best as scary movies replay themselves in my head. A favourite is Somethings Gotta Give with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson - he makes me laugh and the house is my dream house

What is your favourite fruit? Strawberries

Do you collect something? I have a bowl of marble and stone eggs that I add to on my travels.

If you could change your name to anything, what would you call yourself? I was supposed to have been called Sarah but my parents changed their minds. Given that I married an Australian Sarah would have been better all round.

What is your favourite smell? The smell of rain after a long dry patch, Clarins Eau Dynamisante which I wear every day.

What are you most proud of? My family


How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up? I rarely set an alarm.

Cats or dogs? Cats

What’s your biggest fashion mistake? White stilletos in the eighties in Ireland in the cold with blue feet.


What is your guilty TV pleasure? The Farmer wants a wife - a reality tv show where Aussie farmers try to find a bride

What did you want to be when you grew up? An architect

What is your worse decorating disaster? Our big cream sofas which have feather filled cushions and have to be plumped up all the time - we didnt know and no one told us to get foam/ feather. When the delivery man came to our London apartment years ago they said ' you're young you'll learn . . .'

What three things (excluding people) could you not live without ? Phones, photographs of my children and my internet connection

These are the people I am tagging - so here goes

thehousethata-mbuilt.blogspot.com

http://thisisadesignblog.com/

http://yolksy.blogspot.com/

http://dailyimprint.blogspot.com/

http://purplearea.blogspot.com/

http://lamaisonsurlacolline.blogspot.com/

http://design-shimmer.blogspot.com/

http://thedecodetective.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

beauty comma said...

Hi Sheila! Thanks for the tag =) I'm not very good at these things, I'm afraid - I never know who to offend by not tagging them! But it's very much appreciated all the same =)
Tagging takes a lot of time and effort, so I think it's cool that you did yours!
Have a lovely Friday and weekend!
Trudi