Thursday, September 10, 2009

Screening doors

In Sydney there is a lemming like tendency to put in bi-fold doors to terraces, decks and gardens often without really considering all the available options for windows and doors. Bi-fold doors are the sliding doors that fold back on themselves so you can effectively fold away a wall of windows and they are everywhere. While I do enjoy going to peoples houses where they have opened out the back of the house for the whole indoors/outdoors entertaining experience I couldn't live with them myself as I get very badly bitten by mosquitoes. If I had bi-folds open for the night I would be stressing about how many mozzies and flies were getting in to bite me later !! So I go against the trend and save lovely pictures like this of alternative inside/outside window treatments (which can be screened more easily and cheaply than bi-folds).


No comments: